|Contact person||Sharimah Binti Ali (Director) / Azman / Mat Zuki Bin Ali|
|Phone number||6019 261 9082 / +6016 344 2787 / +6019 214 1320/ 019293 8500|
|Year of establishment||2004|
|Address||No 5 Kampung Bandar Dalam 6/4, 51100 Sentul, KL, Malaysia|
|Administrative costs||RM1,350 for rent|
|Other expenses||RM3,650 for electricity/water, food, school van rentals,|
Who are we
Asrama Penyayang Nur Iman, is a home for children who are orphans and poor, was established in 2004 by Ustazah Sharimah. Currently, there are about 75 residents in the home between six to 15 years, including:
- Orang Asli
- Poor children who drop out of school
Ustazah Sarimah is assisted by several volunteers, including her husband (Mr. Azman, the Sentul traders at the market Gombak) and relatives of her husband who live nearby. Hostel comprises three houses: for male, female and the mosque/place of study, and a hall to eat and learn.
- Estimated Monthly Expenditure:more than RM5,000
- School supplies (uniform,shoes,stationery)
- Cash donation for utilities – up to RM3200
- Volunteers are needed for the development of the children. Seeking volunteers to teach and/or socialise with them.
- Volunteers during weekends for some entertainment activities for the children such as cooking classes
- Donations in kind are most welcome.
- Ustazah Sarimah depend on donations given by the public.
For those who want to make some donation you can always pay them a visit anytime.
Contact the Ustazah first since she’s quite busy doing everything to take care of the children. Either way, you can chip in to purchase food items for the kids directly to the Nur Iman Orpahanage’s bank account.
Account Name : Persatuan Penyayang Nur Iman
Account Number : 1436 000 344 0058 (CIMB Bank)
**We are in need of support of an organiser to help us with organising fundraisers. Please contact us directly if you can help.
How to find us
Exit MRR2 to Sentul, upon reaching the traffic lights: turn left onto Setapak. Between 100m to 200m from the traffic lights there will be a sharp turn to the right, turn left instead into the Town of Kampong (“car cut” on the right). Then follow the signs to the hostel.