Fugee School is seeking the following types of donations:
- Educational Material
- University Style Chairs with Flip Table
Who are we
Fugee School is on a mission to enable refugee children to realise their potential – by equipping them with academic, vocational and life-skills, in an environment free from discrimination and exclusion.
We live to
- develop our students critical and creative thinking.
- tailor our curriculum to address the specific needs refugee children face due to trauma and disruption as a result of displacement.
- encourage our students to discover their strengths and develop them.
We believe that every child deserves the right to have dreams and ambition, and the chances to achieve them.
Established by Deborah Henry and Shikeen Halibullah in mid 2008 as ‘SKEF’ (Somalia Kids Education Fund) the co-founders began by providing weekly English and Mathematics tuition to a small group of Somali refugee children.In May 2009, they expanded operations in partnering with a private tuition centre (Save Education Centre) ran by Somali refugee Shafie Mohamed. The centre taught English, Mathematics and Somali to a few individuals within the refugee community with the ability to pay RM80 per month.Under the leadership of the co-founders the centre was soon transformed into an initiative that reached out to over 100 underprivileged students, providing additional subjects from Computing to Art, Theatre and Green Living, as well as extra-curricular activities at no cost.The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) recognizes the Fugee School.
Fugee School needs:
- Volunteers to teach english, maths and general knowledge,
- Computer skills and finance/accounts.
- Training teacher that would be good.
- Also, feel free to organise fun days out/ trips with the residents.
Please email Deborah Henry for more information.
- university style chairs with flip tables
- educational materials,
- transport ie: buses to transport students to do activities.
Do you know of an update to this profile? Let us know by clicking here!