|Contact person||Puan Hamidah Hassan|
|Phone number||012 3779722|
|Phone number||019 3557230|
|Year of establisment||2000|
|Address||Level G, Kompleks 3c MPSJ PJS 11/2, Bandar Sunway 49150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan|
GOLD was first established as an unregistered organisation in 2000 by a group of volunteering parents and teachers of Special Class of SMK Bandar Sunway. In 2007, GOLD was most privileged to be accepted to be a part of 3C of Majlis Perbandaran Subang Jaya (MPSJ).
GOLD is an acronym for the vision and the principle objective of the Association of Learning Disabilities, District Petaling, Selangor. GOLD is now a registered short name for the Association. On March 2011, GOLD made a significant milestone when its registration was approved by the Registrar of Society. GOLD is now a legal entity, a registered NGO.
The general objective of the complex is to provide facilities and support for learning and planned training programmes for the development of children, youth and adult.
GOLD general objectives are:
- To reinforce skills learn during the school curriculum
- To enhance vocational, recreational and life skills training programs
- To initiate work and social opportunities for Learning Disabilities
- To involve parents, teachers, volunteers and the community thus creating awareness of the Learning Disabilities.
GOLD has embarked on a project to set up a Supported / Sheltered Employment program in 3C, for the Alumni of special class of SMK Bandar Sunway and other schools of surrounding areas. The objective is to provide vocational rehabilitation services under a setup of social/disability community non-profit enterprise. The project features includes:
- Work opportunities in a planned environment
- Provision of income-generating work processes
- Provision of work habits and skill training with on-going assessments
- Provision of activities to meet developmental and social needs of the persons with learning disabilities (PWLD)
- Opportunities for work adjustment and advancement with ultimate objective to move on to supported and open employment for suitable LDs