|Contact person||Khadijah Abdul Rahman|
|Phone number||+603 7727 5592|
|Fax number||+603 7727 5592|
|Address||35 Medan Athinahapan 1, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur|
Who are we
YAWA started as Junior Environmental Group of Malaysia (JEGOM) with three children as co-founders. The group flourished into a Foundation a decade later, with over 1,000 children having taken part in its activities. YAWA believes that children play a vital role in the community and that the environment they grow in determines their future.
- Acclimatisation projects: Young people are challenged to get close to nature through hands on, non-confrontational activities.
- Eco-Camping projects: Introduction to camping for beginners at our eco-camp site in Rincing Hilir, Bangi.
- Conservation Studies
Work in partnership with Environmental Organisations such as World Wildlife Fund (WWF), Malaysia Nature Society (MNS), and Sea Turtle Rescue Unit (SEATRU).
- Community Involvement – YAWA works closely with the community and children from all walks of life to reach it’s objectives in caring of the environment.
- Eco-Expression: YAWA documents all work done by children through art, reports, poems and record in the information kit called Share the Planet.
- To guide young people to become responsible adults, fully committed to the protection of their environment.
- To inculcate a sense of responsibility in young people to appreciate the Earth as their heritage through education and good practice.
- To protect the rights of children and young people to a healthy environment.
- To instill in older children, via the Eco-Youth Challenge & Adventure programme, leadership, self-esteem and team-working skills.
- To respect the gift God gave to mankind.
Volunteers are welcome and be YAWA Volunteer via this Facebook page here: