|Contact person||George Cheng (Secretary)|
|Head of organisation||Michelle Lai (Principal)|
|Phone number||+605 546 0949|
|Phone number||+6012 5544 282/+6012 560 2088|
|Fax number||+605 549 6627|
|Year of establishment||1995|
|Address||IPOH: No.3, Jalan Kuching, Canning Garden, 31400 Ipoh, Perak; LAHAT: Lot 75242, Jln Kg Changkat Lalang, 31500 Lahat|
- Educational Toys
Who are we
New Horizons was birthed as a result of the coming together of a group of like-minded individuals who saw a great need to provide practical help to an ever increasing number of children with learning disabilities. The Canning Garden EIP Centre opened in March 1995, providing an “early intervention programme” (or EIP) for children aged 6 months to 6 years old. Subsequently, the programme expanded to cater to young ‘home-based’ children who could not attend lessons at the centre due to various circumstances. Due to the high demand for services and long waiting list for places, the Pengkalan EIP Centre was started in July 2003. Subsequently, the third centre, the CHILD EIP Centre was opened in Taiping, Perak, in June 2010.
All services provided are based on needs; no distinction is made based on sex, race, religion or financial background. There are no fees payable, only free-will donations from the families involved.
New Horizons Society, being a non-profit service-provider NGO, is entirely dependent on public donations to fund its programs. To prevent sudden stoppage of services due to a lack of incoming funds in unforeseen circumstances, New Horizons Society practices prudent financial management with a healthy spread between spending and saving.
The core service of New Horizons is to provide the Early Intervention Programme (EIP) to children with learning disabilities, mostly with autistic or Down –syndrome backgrounds. The EIP seeks to instill a broad range of skills over time : academic learning, self-help & living skills, behaviour modification, counselling for affected families, etc. To date, 350 children with learning disabilities have gone through and benefited from the EIP, with most of them in the program for 5 to 10 years.
1) Donations – in cash or in kind (teaching aids ,educational toys in good condition) The Society is always in need of funds to help finance their on-going projects
2) Volunteers are constantly needed to help in the projects undertaken. They will be needed to help in the setting up of the Resource Centre – the wrapping of books, recording, helping out with the making of teaching aids etc
3) Teachers are encouraged to apply. Christians who have a keen interest in this field and love to work with children are preferred. They must at least have Form 5 education and are fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia. They must be below 35 years of age, have worked with children is appreciated and training will be provided.
4) Cheques Made Payable to: New Horizons Society
How to find us
Go along Jalan Keliling in Canning Garden. Look out for Methodist Church. Take Jalan Aitken – the road next to the church. Take the second left turning – Jalan Kok Yoon San. Follow the road to the end. At the junction ( Jalan Kuching), take a left. New Horizons Society is on your left
We are looking for persons who:
– are fluent in English and B.Malaysia,
– are passionate about teaching children,
– are creative team players,
– are experienced in interacting with children.
We have vacancies for Teachers of “special needs” children.
Good career prospects. Training provided.
Interested please write in with full resume to Michelle Cheng at: email@example.com