Who are we
Johor Family Planning Association (Johor FPA) is a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation, focussing on family planning activities. The Association was formed in 1953 by a group of people who were very concern about the impact of unplanned pregnancies towards the mother’s health, and thereby affecting the whole family.
The main objectives of Johor FPA are:
1. To educate the people in healthy family planning and to provide facilities for scientific contraceptive, so that married couple may space or limit their families, and thus promote their happiness in married life and mitigate the evils of ill health and overcrowding.
2. To advocate and promote the establishment of Family Planning Centres, at which, in addition to the advice on scientific contraception, married women and those about to be married, with mutual respect of the husband or intended husband, can get advice on and, when necessary, treatment for any of the following:
- Involuntary sterility
- Minor gynaecology ailments
- Difficulties connected with marriage relationship
- To examine such other problems as relevant to the above and to take such action as may be considered advisable.
- To encourage the production of healthy children, who will be an asset to the Nation, by educating and advising parents that scientific contraception in a measure which will enable them to plan and space their birth of their children according to their individual resources, thus giving each child the prospect of better health, education and other opportunities.
Johor FPA is not only focusing on family planning activities, but also on reproductive health, routine medical check-up, youth and disseminating information on family planning, reproductive health, family life and HIV/AIDS.
- Family Planning/Contraceptive
- Breast Examination
- Pap smear Screening
- Pregnancy Test
- Reproductive Tract Infections – Counselling/Treatment/Referral
- Minor Gynaecological Problem – Treatment
- Ultrasound Services
- Ante-natal Care
- Abortion Related Services – Information/Pre- & Post-Counselling/Referral
- Menopause Management
- Male Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health
- HIV/AIDS – Para-counselling/Counselling/Referral
- Blood Screening
- Bone Mineral Density
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
All volunteers, both past and present, through their unselfish devotion, sacrifices, wisdom and professional expertise, have contributed in advocating, promoting and enhancing family planning, sexual and reproductive health and responsible parenthood as a way of life for all Malaysians.
Today, all our Officials, National Council members, Committee members, Honorary Officials, State Executive Committee members, as well as field educators, are volunteers. They are involved in advocacy, networking, policy formulation, programme development and management, provision of services, and resource generation, including income generation.