|Contact person||Foong Peng Lam|
|Phone number||+6012 3009 913|
|Year of establishment||2000|
|Tax exempt charity||Yes|
|Address||No 773, Lot 222, Jalan Umbun 2, Taman setapak, 53000, KLUMPUR | No. 3, Jalan 1/21B, Taman Setapak, 53000 Kuala Lumpur.|
- Its own premises, bigger than the present rented buildings which is now over crowded to cope with the ever increasing number of inmates.
- Friendly and nurturing volunteers to make inmates feel cared and empathised.
- On behalf of all our inmates, we appeal to you, the caring, kind and generous people to support our caring activities. We need funds to pay for, the rental of the present building, utility bills, water electricity, food, provisions, medical items such as wheel chairs, walking frames, diapers, colostomy bags, medicine, dressings, etc. Allowance for volunteers who do house keeping, attending to the needs of the inmates and funds to purchase many other household items that are necessary for use in the home.
- We also need you, caring, kind and generous people to accord decent and respectful funeral services to the deceased of poor families and destitute to fulfill the wishes of the departed.
- Please be caring, do within your ability, and make a small contribution to help these people. Your invaluable help can light up the lives of many helpless people that are in dire need of your support to pass through their twilight years, also in a way to reduce the congestion in the hospital wards.
Rumah Kasih Hospital Kuala Lumpur, one of the subsidiary services of Hospital Kuala Lumpur (HKL) established in Sept. 2000, is a charity home that takes care of the poor, old, homeless, terminally ill and helpless patients that are abandoned in the hospital (Pesakit Terdampar di Hospital). Its Advisor is Hospital Director, Datuk Dr. Hj. Ramlee Hj. Rahmat. Organising Chairman is Hospital Kuala Lumpur Senior Assistant Director, Dr. Ng Thiew Kim, Honorary Advisor Tan Sri Lee Lam Thye, Chairman of Board of Visitors.
Service Manager is Hospital Kuala Lumpur ex-Senior Medical Technologist, Mr. Foong Peng Lam. He is fully authorised with the management and contacts with the patients and family members, to help the poor, old, homeless, terminally ill and helpless patients that are abandoned in the hospital.
- Free hospice services to provide palliative care that fulfill the needs of the elderly and unfortunate patients that are abandoned in government hospitals.
- Organise community caring and sharing activities.
- Work together with government and private hospitals.
- Help unfortunate families.
- Arrange for free decent and respectable funeral services for deceased of poor families and destitute regardless of race or religion
- Provide reasonably priced dignified funeral services, offered by HKL authorised casket companies, to ensure that every family could have a respectful ambient ceremony to bid farewell to their loved one, thus fulfill the wishes of their departed.
We earnestly hope that you can pay us a visit at our charity home, and advise us what shall we do to improve our caring services.
IMPORTANT: If you have any missing relatives or friends, please come and check with Rumah Kasih. We have come across car accident victims who have loss of memory and their family members have reunited with them to take them home.
For the convenience of donors :- You may bank in cash/cheque to Malayan Banking Berhad “Persatuan Kebajikan Orang Terabai dan Warga Emas Rumah Kasih Kuala Lumpur”
Maybank, Account No. 51422-6121-994
either :- sms to Mr. Foong, Tel. No. 012-3770798, 013-3934868,
Your Name or Company’s name, NRIC, Passport No. or Business Registered No. and Address.
Or :- E-mail to :- email@example.com We will send to you our tax exemption official receipt