The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) is the sport’s governing body in Malaysia, affiliated to the Badminton World Federation (BWF), the Badminton Asia Confederation (BAC) and the Olympic Council of Malaysia.
BAM is registered with the Sports Commissioner of Malaysia under the Sports Development Act 1997 of the Laws of Malaysia.
That badminton will be a vibrant and popular sport in Malaysia that contributes towards nation building and social development by reaching out to all Malaysians in its pursuit of glory for the country.
- To have a big pool of world class players
- To lift the standard of women players to that of China and Korea
- To have a bigger pool of back-up players for the men’s team and the women’s team
- To ensure consistent success in the international arena
- To develop a big pool of qualified international technical officials
- To implement development programmes from grass-root to national level
- To own fully integrated training centres at both national and state level
- To make badminton ‘the sport’ of the country
- To encourage, promote and control the game of Badminton in Malaysia
- To manage and control badminton championships and competitions organised by BAM or by any approved body on behalf of BAM, BWF or BAC
- To ensure observance of rules and regulations in all state, national or international competitions organised in Malaysia
- To settle or adjudicate all disputes of affiliates
- To formulate, implement and enforce such Rules, Standing Orders, Bye-Laws and Regulations made under the BAM Constitution