1. To promote and maintain the honour and interest of the nursing profession and help to sustain the professional standards of nursing and nursing ethics.
2. To serve as the vehicle of integrated voice of the whole profession to express its opinion and to acquaint the government and other bodies with the policy and attitude of the nursing profession.
3. To participate in the conduct of nursing education as may be appropriate.
4. To promote and support a high standard of nursing ethics and conducts.
5. To promote professional, social, cultural and charitable activities in building a United Malaysian Nation.