|Contact person||Puan Muhaini Mohd. Zain (Economic Bureau)|
|Phone number||+604 732 2855 / 732 2811|
|Phone number||+6012 469 5775|
|Fax number||+604 733 4105|
|Year of establishment||1999|
|Address||SURIWAJA, No. 120, Kompleks Kanchut, Lebuhraya Darul Aman, 05100 Alor Setar, Kedah|
Who are we
A non-profit, non-governmental organisation that was launched by the Chief Director of Womens’ Affair Department, Pn Norasmah Shamsudin on 4th November 1999.
It actively aids single mothers in Kedah in improving their lives, financially and otherwise. These single mothers consist of widows; divorcee; women whose husbands are too sick that the family’s responsibility falls on her; women who are entrusted with the care of somebody else’s children and have to do so without a husband’s help; women with children out of wedlock, who choose to take care of the children; women who have separated from their husbands; and also abandoned wives or those who are neglected by their husbands.
Among its activities this year are prayer improvement courses (for Muslims), industrial courses, motivational and self-confidence workshops, bazaars for sales of products made by single mother, retail activities, etiquette and self-presentation course, educational visits, and celebration of festivities.
- Taking care of the welfare of single mothers in Kedah
- Create awareness among members of their Rights according to the law and religion
- Prepare members with knowledge especially on emotional control, personal strength and confidence to be independent through counseling and religious talk (for Muslims).
- Help members secure business opportunities and jobs to increase earning and ease their life as single mother.
- Aid and provide opportunity to members’ children to improve themselves academically through motivational courses and tuition.
- Create public awareness about the existence of SURIWAJA so that they will be more concerned of the struggle SURIWAJA faces to realize their objectives and to eliminate negative perception towards single mothers.
- Establish SURIWAJA as a reference center for single mothers for all kind of problems, especially in educating and bringing up their children, and those who lacks knowledge to deal with authorities regarding matters of the law.
Members: 400 members.
* Motivational speakers
* Religious speakers
* Sponsors/speakers for industrial talk and entrepreneur/ business courses/talk/workshop.
Cheques Made Payable to: Persatuan Ibu Tunggal Negeri Kedah