Registration Number: 638388-A
When Established: 06/1993
By Whom: Chinese Methodist Church In Malaysia
The first Beautiful Gate Disabled People Caring Centre was established in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Subsequently, four other centres were set up in Kepong (Kuala Lumpur), Kampar (Perak), and Seremban (Negeri Sembilan) and Melaka. There are also two Group Home established in Balakong for ex-trainees to live independent lives.
After 10 years, they were approved to register as “Beautiful Gate Foundation For The Disabled” on 30th December 2003. Their goal is to enhance the quality of life of people with disabilities, and assist in their total integration into mainstream Malaysian society. This is achieved through mutual support, advocacy, personal skill development and campaigns to raise public awareness.
Their Services include:-
Skill Training Services
1.Living Skill Training Involve
- Team Work Living Practices
2.Working Skill Training Involve
- Computer Lesson
- Language Classes
- Book Keeping
- Handicraft Training
3.Physical Training Involve
4.Artistic Training Involve
- Piano Lesson
- Guitar Lesson
5.Leadership Training Involve
- Social Work Services
1. Job Assessment & Placement
2. Self-employ Project for Disabled
3. Counselling for Disabled & Parents
4. Workshops; Talks for Disabled; Parents
5. Information Referral Service
6. Out Door Activities
7. Social Awareness Campaign
8. Hospital & Home Visitation
1. Language Enrichment Programme
2. Education Advancement & Sponsorship
3. Basic education provided to enable uneducated members to read, to count and to write.
Mobile Therapy Services
1. Co-ordination of the medical management of members in collaboration with Specialist Clinics at various hospitals.
2. Sourcing for sponsorship of mobility aids e.g wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, and protective cushion.
3. Consultation and advice on accessibility at home, at school and in the community
Estimated Monthly Expenditure: Please enquire from respective Homes
Volunteers are welcome! Disabled members can indeed be wonderful and sincere friends and vice versa for the volunteers. Through the direct interaction with them, we are always touched by their determination and courage in facing life albeit a tough one. This often leads and influences us to have a positive mindset as well. Being a volunteer, it is indeed our responsibility to inculcate and assist the disabled group to develop a higher level of self-reliance as well as achieving their financial and physical independence. It is also hoped that disabled group can find support and comfort in volunteers whenever they are needed spiritually, I believe through sheer sincere participation by volunteers, people with disability will be able to enjoy full participation and equality in society through active cooperation and encouragement by volunteers from various spectrum of the society.
Description of Needs:
Please visit their website for the latest needs and volunteer opportunities
Assistive devices for disabled people :
- A Van with Hydraulic lift for Beautiful Gate Manjung Centre (about RM120,000)
- Light Weight Wheelchairs (about RM 1,700),
- Three Wheel Motorcycle (about RM 5,800),
- Electronic Tricycle (about RM4,000),
- Motorizes Wheelchair (about RM9,000)
- Medical Cushion (about RM 1,700),
- Diapers (sizes : baby M, XXXL, adult M & L ) and others
- Daily and household necessities :
- Detergent ( for Toilet, Dishes, Floor & Clothes ),
- Body & Hair Shampoo,
- Toothpaste, etc.
- Food stuff :
- Milo, Nestum, Oat, Condensed Milk, Milk Powder, Tea, Sugar, Barley, Nescafe, Maggi Mee, Biscuit, Fruit Juice, Red or Green Bean.
- Eggs, Dried Anchovy, Dried Prawn, Sardin, Groundnut, Seaweed, Dried Mushrooms, Mushroom Tins, Kentucky Powder, Belacan, Baked bean, Black & White Fungus, Potato, Onion (Big & Small), Ginger, Garlic, Foo Chuk, Foo Yu, Dong Fun.
- Cooking Oil, Oyster Sauce, Soya Sauce, Tepong Ubi, Tepong Gandum, Mee Hoon, Min Xin.
Cheques Made Payable to Please contact Pastor Sia Siew Chin at 03-78736579 or 019-2198440. or email to [email protected] – all donations are exempted from tax
Beautiful Gate Kampar Centre
(Educational Centre for the Disabled):
1603, Jln Intan,Tmn.Bdr.Baru, 31900 Kampar, Perak
Beautiful Gate Seremban Centre
21, Tmn Mambau Baru, 70300 Seremban, N.S..
Beautiful Gate Melaka Centre
31 Jalan MJ 17,
Tmn Merdeka Jaya,
Batu Berendan, 75350 Melaka
Tel/Fax : +606-3352985
Beautiful Gate Belakong Home for the Disabled I:
54, Jalan 14/15-E, Cheras Jaya,
43000 Seri Kembangan, Selangor.
Tel: 06- 90805501
Beautiful Gate Belakong Home for the Disabled II:
812, Pangsapuri Sri Indah,
Taman Sg.Besi Indah,
43000 Seri Kembangan, Selangor
Beautiful Gate Kepong Centre
(Rehabilitation Centre for the Disabled):
90 & 92, Persiaran Mergastua, 52100 Kepong, K.L.
Tel: +603-62763690 Fax: +603-62727049
Beautiful Gate Foundation Perak Centre
|+605 465 8162Phone Number|
|+605 465 8162Fax Number|
|Established since 1993Year of Establishment|
|Beautiful Gate Kampar Centre (Educational Centre for the Disabled): 1603, Jln Intan,Tmn.Bdr.Baru, 31900 Kampar, PerakAddress|