1. To constitute itself as a national body of business leaders and interested groups having keen interest and concern for the protection of the environment.
2. To be the main linkage between the Government and the business community in the national and global effort towards sustainable development; to enhance the quality of the environment in Malaysia.
3. To promote the formulation, implementation and publication of corporate policies of sustainable development pertaining to environmental protection, economic growth, resource use, and occupational health and safety.
4. To promote the monitoring and auditing of corporate activities that have impacts on the environment.
5. To promote an understanding of sustainable development, and provide a business perspective on ways to progress towards this goal on national, regional and global bases.
6. To encourage the business community to develop goals and actions towards sustainable development within existing market conditions, governmental policies and international agreements, now and into the future.
7. To encourage discussion on public policy that impacts on the business sector in the movement towards sustainable development worldwide.
8. To promote the exchange of information on all aspects of environmental management and technology transfer pertaining to sustainable development.
9. To identify ways and means of resolving current environmental problems and that which may arise in the country.
10. To encourage the participation of the business sector in contributing towards decision making by relevant authorities at the Federal and State level.
11. To organize technical and scientific meetings including exhibitions and display sessions.
12. To promote practical and specific solutions, research and development with respect to process engineering, pollution control technology, waste utilization and resource technology.
Business Council for Sustainable Development in Malaysia (BCSDM)
|+603 2092 2566Phone Number|
|79-2 Medan Setia 1, Plaza Damansara, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur Address|