We are an independent and non-profit cancer research organisation based in Malaysia. Funded by donations and research grants, we conduct research in niche cancers often found in our Asian population.
Cancer — the big ‘C’ — continues to be a stigma, only spoken about in hushed whispers; how it’s bad karma, how much it costs, and that nothing could be done.
Confronting this stigma head on, CRM has been reversing this language of cancer, transforming the big ‘C’ to a little ‘c’, and we plan to develop tools backed by good research to ensure that we can truly fight cancer on all fronts.
We believe that we will reverse the grip of cancer in our lives. We want researchers to win the war against cancer by turning it around with new ways of prevention and cure. We want to empower the public through impactful outreach programmes, with the hopes that Malaysians will respond differently to cancer by coming forward for screenings and going through with treatments.
Our driving force is held together by these goals:
- Improving the survival rates of Asian cancer patients, focusing on neglected areas of research.
- Empowering Asians to have the proper screening and treatment.
- Improving survival rates by being more accessible, focusing on providing existing cures to patients rather than sit on inaction and potentially losing lives.
- Making affordable and timely treatments by repurposing drugs, acknowledging the reality that developing new cures are costly and risky.
- Putting Malaysia in the global spotlight for cancer research by collaborating with top scientists around the world, and working to nurture the next generation of Malaysian cancer researchers.
Cancer Research Malaysia
|+603 5650 9797Phone Number
|+603 2712 3224Fax Number
|Established since 2000Year of Establishment
|200001007481 (510087-M)Registration Number
|2nd Floor, Outpatient Centre Subang Jaya Medical Centre No. 1, Jalan SS12/1A 47500 Subang Jaya SelangorAddress