Tax Exemption

Who are we

Set up Reverend Terence and Mrs.Kamala Sinnadurai  and registered with the Government Welfare Department and the Registrar of Societies with tax-exemption status, for underprivileged children and old folks. It does the work of Rumah Faith (established in 1985) for needy children and Faith Eagle’s Nest (established in 1992) for destitute senior citizens.

Nearly 500 (inclusive of the present) needy and poor children have been helped in their education and today many are doing well. They are working as a Civil Engineer, a Nurse, Computer Graduates, Salesmen, Businessmen, a Pet shop owner, etc. Twenty five years (25) of providing care and education  with the community’s help is not in vain. Educating the poor, the underprivileged, giving them hope and another opportunity to make it in life is Desa Amal Jireh’s mission and vision.

Desa Amal Jireh has also set up a Home School where about 30 children who do not fit into the Government schools are educated, giving them a second chance in education.

Our needs

The cost of running the Home is currently RM100,000 per month. Every year there are difficult financial months (Mar -Nov) where they find it hard to meet the Home’s needs. As such, your help and donation, big or small, will be much appreciated. The Government gives them an annual grant which takes care of only 14% of their needs. The rest (86%) comes from the caring public, individuals and corporations.

Renting 14 buildings all these years has challenged them to put up their own Building in a 4.2 acre piece of land in Semenyih, Selangor at a cost of RM7.5million. The village, Jireh Charity Village, is now complete. Currently there are 124 children and 14 senior citizens in their care there. Of the 124 children, 18 children are between the ages of 18 to 23 years. Some of these children are studying in colleges or universities or undergoing Industrial Training or taught special skills in a School for Special Children.

Desa Amal Jireh has a Management Committee made up of professional people who meet up monthly, who ensure that the Home is run with integrity and accountability. Their accounts are audited by Public Accountants annually.

Jireh Charity Village is able to accommodate  200 needy children and 50 destitute senior citizens.

Our needs

Volunteers are need to:-
– give tuition lesson
– teach sewing
– teach music
– teach gardening
– teach handicraft skills
– teach computer skills
– give counselling
– help raise funds
– teach Bible, English, Mathematics, Science etc.

Fill in application form or contact Mrs. Kamala for more information.

Non-cash donations:

  • Curry Powder
  • Fab
  • Breeze- Cubes
  • Eye-Mo
  • Tamarind
  • Soap Powder
  • Blankets
  • Salt
  • Sardines
  • Clorox- Bleach
  • A Big Fridge (Double Door)
  • Milk Powder
  • Condensed Milk
  • Plastic brushed for scrubing collars
  • Exercise Books (Single line & Math)
  • Milo
  • Horlicks
  • Nescafe
  • Indoor brooms (50)
  • Garbage Bags
  • Jam
  • Kaya
  • Peanut Butter
  • Margarine
  • Calculators for school
  • Thick Soya Sauce
  • Bathing soap
  • Chill Sauce – big bottles
  • Drain cleaning brooms (50)
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Potatoes
  • Hair cream ( not gel)

A librarian is required by the Home to categorise all the books they have at the Home and it would be great if all the children be encouraged to read them in their free time.

Cheques Made Payable to: Desa Amal Jireh

Cash donation is welcome with Tax Exemption status. Ref. No: LHDN.01/35/42/51/179-6.5367

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/desaamaljireh

Postal address: PO Box 20, 43007 Kajang, Semenyih, Selangor.
You may post mail or cheques to the above PO Box address.
Chairman: Rev. Terrence Sinnadurai | H/P: 012-2321195
Director: Mrs. Kamala Sinnadurai | H/P: 012-2834959

Learn More

Desa Amal Jireh

[email protected]Email
www.daj.org.myWebsite
+603-87245153/8Phone Number
+603-87245160Fax Number
Established since 1985Year of Establishment
Lot 340 (1st Kilometer), Jalan Broga, 43500 Semenyih, Selangor, MalaysiaAddress
Visit Us

 
Every donation goes to Touching Hearts Welfare Society, Kuala Lumpur and Selangor and is exempted from tax under sub-section 44(6) of Income Tax Act 1967. For those donating to Project PPEs for East Malaysia Hospitals, kindly mentioned 'PPE' in the 'cause of donation' column below. Kindly email [email protected] after your transaction is successfully completed to receive a receipt. The receipt will feature the following fields:
?
?
?
I have read the privacy policy and refund policy statements.
hati