Who are we
Ephratha Home or Pertubuhan Kebajikan Ephratha Rawang Selangor. There are 30(+1) children currently being looked after by Christine and her sister with the help of eight unpaid volunteers. The dependents are 17 males and 13 females, ranging from 2 to 18 years old. Various circumstances got the children there, namely:
- Single parents who can’t afford to look after them
- Young divorced parents, neither of whom want to have anything to do with the child/children of the unhappy liaison
- Children abandoned and found on the streets
- Request of grandparents who do not have the capability to look after the small kids
- Sister Christine is also looking after a male baby of mixed Chinese and Myanmar parentage. The baby was left behind as the Myanmar lady was caught for illegal entry and deported, leaving the young man helpless in looking after the two month old baby, who is at present in Christine’s house, separate from the older children
Accommodation: The children are housed in two separate houses, a corner single storey house with a bit of land, and a few metres away, a double storey house. The single storey house will be available until March 2015, and rental is at RM750 a month. The double storey house, which the girls stay there at nights, is rented at RM300 per month, at the moment, on an indefinite lease.
- Monthly expenses are RM7,600 and not inclusive of additional expenses like medical bills for some of the children who have asthma and other ailments. We welcome donations in cash or kind.
- Please donate to CIMB account: 800 2913 470
- Volunteers needed: Teachers, Medical staff (doctors, nurses, therapists), lawyers
- Non-cash items: Food, Toiletries, School supplies (uniform,shoes,stationery)
- Cash donation for utilities
- Cash donations for 22 school going students, currently only rm1 is allocated for daily use for each students due to lack of funds.
- Doctors – for monthly check-up for residents
- Lawyer – to assist in issues pertaining to the children welfare
- Children are talented, need music & art teachers that can volunteer.
Ephratha does not receive government aid. Since the highlight by Star, their food problems have been solved for a short while, but in the longer run, Christine is looking for Govt or NGO support. She seems to have some difficulty in getting registered for permanent aid, and that is her worry.
Our Facebook page, here.
Home is planning to organise a fund raising dinner around the end of the year with the objective of raising enough funds to purchase a van (transportation for the kids)
|Christina SoosaiContact Person|
|+6012-626 9356Phone Number|
|017-601 1104Phone Number|
|Established since 2007Year of Establishment|
|No. 42, Jalan Pelangi 16, Taman Pelangi, 48000 Rawang, Selangor Darul EhsanAddress|