Global Peace Mission (GPM) is a non-governmental organisation officially formed in 2001 in response to humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan. But prior to the official formation, for more than two decades and under various names, GPM has provided emergency assistance to various communities in South-east Asia, South Asia, Central Asia, Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe. GPM has extended various assistance to communities in more than 20 countries such as Afghanistan, Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Cambodia, Chechnya, Indonesia, Iraq, Laos, Kashmir, Kosovo, Lebanon, Myanmar, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Uzbekistan.
Over the years, GPM slowly evolves to become an international relief and development organisation working to alleviate human suffering among the world’s poorest and most needy communities, regardless of race, creed, gender, nationality or political inclination. Although the main focus of GPM is at the international level, it also realises that quite a number of local communities are in need of some kind of assistance. Thus GPM also carries out a few local programs such as a community development project in Sarikei Division, Sarawak.
Through generous donation from the public, GPM has been able to provide help to thousands of people in many communities around the world. Besides maintaining our own offices, GPM also works in partnership with local community-based organisations. The latter approach is not only cost-effective, but also instrumental in building the capacity of local people to help themselves.
GPM is a founding member of Union of NGOs of the Islamic World (UNIW) based in Istanbul, Turkey. In 2006, GPM was appointed to head the Social, Humanitarian and Solidarity Commission of UNIW. Additionally, as a recognition of its role in humanitarian work, the Secretary General of the Organisation of Islamic Conference admits GPM as a member of OIC Humanitarian Forum (OICHF).
- To attain sustain and improve organisational efficiency and effectiveness in our international humanitarian endeavours.
- Remain focused to achieve universal peace through efforts and programmes in advocacy activities and humanitarian assistance across borders,
- Bringing timely and fitting aid(s) to victims of man-made and natural disasters worldwide;
- Providing an effective platform for other organisations to channel their contributions for humanitarian purposes;
- Provide empowerment for marginalised communities to achieve self-reliance through interventions in the areas of education, micro-finance, sustainable agriculture and clean water provision;
- Raises community awareness to promote social responsibility and self reliance to those less fortunate, both local and international;
- Widen the spirit of voluntarism within the communities both local and international.
Global Peace Mission Malaysia
|+6019-241 1987Phone Number|
|+603-4144 3441Phone Number|
|+603 6188 3233 Fax Number|
|Established since 2001Year of Establishment|
|33-1 Jalan 2A/27A Wangsa Maju, Seksyen 1, 53300 Kuala LumpurAddress|