The Institute of Strategic and International Studies (ISIS), Malaysia’s premier think-tank was established on April 8, 1983. As an autonomous and non-profit organisation, ISIS is engaged in objective and independent policy research.
It also fosters dialogue and debate among the public sector, the private sector and academia.
ISIS has been at the forefront of some of the most significant nation-building initiatives in Malaysia’s history, such as contributing to the Vision 2020 concept and as the consultant to the Knowledge-Based Economy Master Plan initiative. The Institute has also played a role in fostering closer regional integration and international cooperation through forums such as the Asia-Pacific Roundtable, the East Asia Congress and the Network of East Asian Think-Tanks (NEAT).
ISIS Malaysia’s five central areas of interest are:
- Defence, Security and Foreign Affairs.
- National and International Economic Affairs.
- Technology, Innovation, Environment and Sustainability.
- International Understanding and Cooperation.
Objectives of ISIS
In addition, ISIS Malaysia has seven core objectives, namely:
- To undertake research in the five central areas of research as well as to conduct long-term analysis of public policies on national and international issues;
- To facilitate dialogue on important national and international issues through the organization of seminars, conferences and other activities between key stakeholders;
- To provide channels for key stakeholders from the various fields to exchange opinions and research in an open and constructive atmosphere;
- To disseminate information on research findings and other pertinent activities undertaken by or on behalf of the Institute;
- To provide library facilities on relevant subjects pertaining to national and international issues;
- To collaborate and cooperate with other bodies within or outside Malaysia for the furtherance of its objectives;
- To assist and guide students and researchers to conduct research on national and international issues.
Institute of Strategic & International Studies
|+603 2693 9366 Phone Number
|+603 2691 5435 / +603 2691 3210Fax Number
|Established since 1983Year of Establishment
|No. 1, Persiaran Sultan Salahuddin P O Box 12424, 50778 Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAddress