Who we are
Kuala Lumpur Tourism Association, better known as KLTA, was inaugurated in 1963 with the aim of promoting tourism in Kuala Lumpur. With the endorsement and full support from the Ministry Tourism, Tourism Malaysia, DBKL and NTCM many notable activities have been successfully carried out by KLTA.
KLTA’s 210 member organisations comprise both travel establishments as well as non-travel related companies – all bound by a common objective i.e. to help make Kuala Lumpur an interesting tourist destination. In addition, ex-officio members of KLTA include Kuala Lumpur City Hall, Tourism Malaysia, National Museum, Department of Road Transport, Department of Royal Customs and Excise, Tourist Police and Malaysia Airports Berhad.
The objectives of Kuala Lumpur Tourism Association are:
- to promote Kuala Lumpur and its vicinity as a desirable tourist destination for both local and foreign tourists by liaising with the relevant ministries, government authorities as well as the private sector with the aim to foster and develop promotional programmes and activities;
- to assist in every way for the benefit of tourists, the improvement of accommodation, catering, transportation, environment, entertainment and other amenities in Kuala Lumpur and its vicinity;
- to stimulate the demand for tourism products, merchandise and services which are available in Kuala Lumpur and its vicinity and to promote international understanding;
- to arrange for alliance or affiliation and to co-operate with any institutions, associations or societies with objectives similar to those of this Association on such terms and conditions as may be in the interests of the Association;
- to print, publish, sell, circulate and distribute badges, handbooks, guide books and publications to promote directly or indirectly any of the objectives of the Association; and
- to promote and do all such other lawful things as are or may be incidental, beneficial or conducive to the attainment of the interests of the above objectives.
Rationale For The KLTA Logo
- Yellow top half represents renewed vibrancy and the acceptance of the association towards new challenges.
- KLTA text in blue and yellow, with slightly italicised font represents a bold move towards rapid progression coupled with fearless approach towards good changes.
- Blue bottom half represents a firm commitment and “seriousness” towards the overall objectives of the association.
- Circular dimensions of the logo represent a progressive move to weather the storms of change and acceptance of time which may take the association towards uncharted territory.
Kuala Lumpur Tourism Association
|+603 2697 1830 Phone Number|
|+603 2697 1831Phone Number|
|+603 2692 1832Fax Number|
|Established since 1963Year of Establishment|
|RUMAH PUSPANITA (ARAS 3) JKR 5171, JALAN HOSE 50460 KUALA LUMPURAddress|