Who are we
This project arises from the needs that have evolved from our traditional works of mercy with the poor in the outlying areas of PJ and KL and in particular the former squatter settlements.
Our works, observation and studies have clearly shown that in order to enable and empower the poor living in such areas, and more specifically the single mothers, obtaining full time employment has been hampered by the need for them to look after the younger children. This only allows them to seek part time housekeeping work where their monthly income often does not exceed 300 RM per month. This problem is further compounded if they do have to also support aged parents or if one of the spouses is disabled through accidents etc and bedridden.
A fundamental requirement in our efforts to raise their self esteem was the need to provide opportunities for them to seek gainful full time employment. At the same time, there is also a need to raise and enhance their skills to increase their earning potential.
The children on the other hand often require support (moral, financial and tutorial support) in education as well as the need for them acquire healthy habits of living, eat balanced diets regularly and obtain proper health care.
Providing opportunities to the Youth to help realise and develop their potential will be a very important aspect of the centre. Very often the youth and older children are neglected and tend to be dragged into the social vices that are linked with the general population in such areas. They lack avenues to develop their potential and this centre should help build their self-esteem and confidence so that the youths will be engaged in productive activities.
- Provide administrative service to numerous residents in helping resolve issue like obtaining proper birth certificates for their children, proper housing document, welfare aid application etc.
- Provide counselling services, training courses etc..
- Look at food coupons and other self sustenance projects especially during economic downturns.
- Seeking and providing better working conditions and income potential to the door. Child-care to young children enabling the parents (mainly single parents and mothers) to seek full time employment opportunities free from worries of their children’s care and welfare.
- Attending to educational requirements of the children (school) as well as providing a conducive environment for the children to study when not in school.
- Provide medical care and balanced -nutrition to the children under our care.
- Assist single mothers in their plights and enabling them to rebuild a life of dignity and self respect of themselves and their children.Provide the mothers a forum to discuss their problems and to empower one another. To organize self help programs at the centre for the parents.
- Working with delinquent youths and resourcing opportunities to develop their skills and talents; career guidance and counselling services to the youths and students; provide tertiary educational opportunity or trade/ skill programs for school leavers wishing to develop a career in their respective are of interest.
- Organise medical clinics.
- Networking with other similar minded group, NGO’s, government bodies, corporate sector to be able to provide solutions to clients who visit out centre.
Ozanam Service Centre Sri Sentosa
|Nelson Daniel ImbarajContact Person|
|+603-7781 5124Phone Number|
|+603 7781 5124 Fax Number|
|Lot 3-10, Level 3, Times 89 Business Plaza,Jalan Sri Sentosa 8A, Taman Sri Sentosa,Off Jalan Kelang Lama58000 Kuala LumpurAddress|