Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Istimewa Kajang’s (PKIK) primary aim is to serve and help children / people with learning disabilities on their overall development and help them towards a life as independent and meaningful as possible. Towards this goal, PKIK runs learning/training programmes and support services.
Learning / Training Programmes
1. Early Intervention Programme (EIP) for children below 7 years – provides stimulation in all developmental areas such as gross motor, fine motor, cognitive, language / communication, pre-academic, social, self-help.
2. Day Training Programme (DTP) for persons above 14 years old are taught independent living or life skills and vocational skills such as handicraft skills.
3. Employment Training Programme (Worklink) focuses on preparing young adults to be successfully placed in a job in the community or work in our sheltered workshop. Training includes job skills, work habits, work related behaviours, job training placement. PKIK has its own in-house Training Cafeteria to train adults in food preparation, serving and baking.
4. Physiotherapy Clinic together with Outreach Programme for children who are not able to come to PKIK because of handling and mobility problems.
5. Other Services
a) Parents and Families Support – information, training, network and referrals to professional support, advocacy, etc.
b) Social Club and Outdoor Activities for persons above 14 years old – recreational & creative activities, trekking, outstation holidays, etc.
c) Sports Activities – training and participating in Special Olympics competition.
6. Group Home where young adults learn to live with their peers and learn more independent living skills.
7. The centre presently serves a total of 90 clients. PKIK is managed by an elected Committee of 11 members comprising of parents and community members. A total of 20 staff is employed to run the services and the office.
Long Term Plan
A place to call their own – PKIK is planning to build its own building complex to house its services. Any donation towards the fund is most appreciated.
1. Need volunteers who can commit a regular time e.g. once or twice a week to help in sewing, handicrafts such as making hand towels & cards, batik printing, dyeing, baking (Thursday), etc. Centre opens Mondays to Fridays, 8.30am to 5.00pm.
2. Donations for (i) Operational Expenses and (ii) Building Fund. For cash donations, please make out cheques payable to “Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Istimewa Kajang Selangor”. Tax Exempt receipts are issued for all donations. Online Bank-in to Public Bank, Kajang Branch Account No. : 309 822 3030.
3. Assistance for the Special Olympics programme e.g. Trainer/ Coach, provide transportation, cheerer, etc.
4. Manpower – Speech Therapist, Teachers, Live-in Trainer for Group Home.Learn More
Persatuan Kanak-Kanak Istimewa Kajang, Selangor (PKIK)
|Ms Kong Lan LeeContact Person|
|[email protected] Email|
|+603 8736 6385Phone Number|
|+603 8733 5012Fax Number|
|Established since 1998Year of Establishment|
|No.1126 Jalan Zamrud 3, 43000 Kajang, SelangorAddress|