Who we are
PPIA is a duly registered non-profit, charitable organisation, committed to serving children and youths with intellectual challenges in and around the town of Batu Pahat, irrespective of race and religion.
PPIA is registered under the Registrar of Societies, with the registration number of ROS No. 1624. PPIA is recognised as a tax-exempted organisation and is mainly dependent on public funding.
PPIA hopes to change the lives of children and youths with intellectual challenges through education and training, which will help them to progress in life.
PPIA was started in 1999, in response to a dire need to help the many children with intellectual challenges in the town of Batu Pahat. Their medical conditions range from Down Syndrome, Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Dyslexia and other forms of disabilities.
Their needs were not met at that time, as there was a lack of public awareness, facilities and special help in Batu Pahat. Ignorance, social stigma, superstitions and general apathy towards them and their families further confined and isolated them from society.
It was due to this crying need for help that Gereja Grace Batu Pahat initiated this community project, which has continued and expanded until today. Since 1999, PPIA has continued to grow from one programme to the four programmes that it has right now. PPIA’s expansion has allowed us to greatly increase our scope of work and the number of clients that we service.
- To bring God’s love, hope and life to the community
- To develop support services of education and training so that the special people can achieve their full potential
- To equip parents and caregivers with information and skills to manage their special need children
- To create awareness and promote the integration of the special need people with the community
Our Aims and objectives
- Train the special need children to live meaningful and independent lives.
- Train and equip the staff of PPIA with good skills so that they may be competent trainers of the special need children and be effective in their work
- Set up a good parent support group for mutual encouragement and support in parenting skills.
- The management and staff of PPIA to share and work with a common vision and accomplish the mission by fulfilling the objectives, roles and goals of PPIA
- Raise funds to build a new Centre consisting of EIP; JTC and Production Workshop.
Pertubuhan Perkhidmatan Intervensi Awal (PPIA)
|Established since 1999Year of Establishment|
|29-35, Jalan Susur Perdana Utama, Taman Bukit Perdana, 83000 Batu Pahat, Johor.Address|