Who are we
PT Foundation (previously known as Pink Triangle Sdn Bhd) is a community-based, voluntary non-profit making organisation providing HIV/AIDS education, prevention, care and support programmes, sexuality awareness and empowerment programmes for vulnerable communities in Malaysia. We work with 5 vulnerable communities mainly drug users, sex workers, transsexuals, men who have sex with men (MSM), and people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA).
Our mission is to be the most efficient community-based organisation providing information, education and care services relating to HIV/AIDS and sexuality in Malaysia, working with communities that are difficult to reach due to societal discrimination.
We currently have volunteer and internship positions available in all of our departments. For more details, call us at 03 4044 4611.
Opening Hours: 10am – 6pm, Monday – Friday (Except public holiday)
To volunteer under the following programmes, you are required to possess certain skills, which are typically acquired through a series of structured training programmes.
- Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) – Anonymous HIV screening with pre- and post-test counselling. Require basic counselling skills with an aptitude for people and sensitive and non-biased towards clients despite their gender and sexuality
- Telephone counselling – Support for individuals with HIV/AIDS and sexuality-related issues through telephone calls. Require basic counselling and good listening skills, and being patient with clients over the phone; with or without experience as training will be provided
- Face to Face Counselling – Support for individuals with issues related to HIV/AIDS and sexuality at our drop-in-centre. Require basic counselling and listening skills with an aptitude for people; with or without experience as training will be provided
- Outreach – Conducting simple risk assessment surveys, handing out safe sex kits and other information about HIV/ AIDS and the organisation at key locations such as clubs, cruising parks, massage parlours, etc
Get involved in organising our events! PT Foundation organises a variety of events, including the International AIDS Memorial Day, Jom ke Chow Kit and Red Carnival to raise awareness about HIV/AIDS. Each of them requires large amount of work and would not be possible without our volunteers. Your help would not only be valuable to us, but also a priceless experience for you.
Our work at PT foundation involves challenging tasks, drawing on various skills including the following:
- Psychology and Counselling
- Research and Programme Development
- Human Resources and Administration, Language
- Training & Development, IT, Creative and Design, Fundraising
- Communications, Finance and General Organisation Support
If you possess any of these skills, come and give us a hand!
Want to volunteer with us but worried that you don’t have any specific skills? We are also looking for volunteers to perform less-skilled task as well. You could lend us a hand in general tasks such as packing safe sex kits and general drop-in centre management. Every effort counts!
Enhance your work experience with a volunteer internship at PT Foundation! We offer placement opportunities for students in a wide range of programmes. Work for one of the most exciting NGOs in Malaysia, and network with amazing people who are all dedicated and passionate about their job. Give yourself a unique edge in today’s competitive work environment with an internship with PT Foundation. We look for students who can intern for a minimum of three months, and a maximum of six months to a year.
The types of roles we accept interns for are: communications, design, HR, finance, counselling and IT.Learn More
|+603 40444611Phone Number|
|+603 40444622Fax Number|
|No. 7C/1, Jalan Ipoh Kecil, Off Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur.Address|