Who are we
The Pusat Majudiri Y for the Deaf caters for a wide range of programmes and services for the Deaf and their families, geared towards the development of the Deaf, particularly in the building of self-reliance. The Pusat Majudiri Y caters for the needs of more than 500 deaf children, youth, adults and their families. Among the services and programmes are the Deaf Kids Club, Deaf Teens Club, parents Support Group, Employment Support Programme, Promotion of Deaf Awareness (through leaflets and exhibitions), Interpreting Service, Camps, and Family Life and Home Management
1. Enabling Participation- Training in Sign Language for Deaf, interpretation assistance, leadership development and training.
2. Strengthening of Grassroots Initiatives- Development of Deaf kids/teens/youth for social/recreational/personal development, formation of Deaf Family Life Group to enhance independent living of family life, formation of Parents’ Support Group, awareness building activities.
3. Promotion of Employment- Deaf Employment Network, job placement and counselling, provision of support services, Pre-employment/job readiness programmes, employment support programmes, support for self-employment.
4. Promotion of integration- Encouragement/advocacy for integration, interpretation in programmes/activities, interpreting service to public/private sectors, for overall integration of the Deaf with the rest of the society.
5. Promotion of Education & Personal Development- Early intervention programmes, educational reinforcement & support for primary/secondary students, life & social skills training, guidance and counselling, and advocacy for appropriate education and educational opportunities.
- Computers to start IT programme for Deaf children and teens
- Transportation for Deaf Awareness Exhibition, the monthly Charity Bazaar Sales, and monthly Children’s Educational Outings
Sources of Funds: The Welfare Department, Ministry of National Unity and Social Development provides a small annual grant thus pledge/donation from the public is appreciated.
Cheques Made Payable to: Pusat Majudiri Y
Pusat Majudiri Y (PMY) For The Deaf
|+603 2274 1439Phone Number|
|+603 2274 0559Fax Number|
|95 Jalan Padang Belia, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAddress|