Who are we
Rose Virginie Good Shepherd Centre offers a safe haven and temporary shelter for women and girls in crisis situations such as:
- Women, mothers and their children who are experiencing abuse in their relationships or through domestic / family violence
- Teenage girls / women in pregnancy who are unwed or in crises
- Women experiencing conflict in their marriage
- Women in personal or family difficulties
- Survivors of rape or assault
What does the centre offer:
The centre offers the following programs where persons can experience healing and recovery of their worth and dignity, and gradually be empowered to manage and take responsibility for their own lives, and to reintegrate with their families and the wider community
- Protection and a temporary safe home.
- Counselling and support.
- Schooling for children.
- Tuition for school-going children.
- Basic computer skills.
- Craft and needlework.
- Job opportunities for those who are ready to work through its Micro Enterprise Project
Micro Enterprise Project
The Micro Enterprise Project benefits the centre’s women in crisis.
- It provides a daily routine for the women to be occupied in skilled work.
- It is an employment opportunity for single mothers and present/past residents who are in need of financial assistance.
- It inculcates discipline, work ethics and a sense of shared responsibility.
- It promotes a self-help attitude, dignity and self worth as well as financial aid for the women to start life again when they leave the Centre.
Rose Virginie Good Shepherd Centre, Ipoh
|[email protected]; [email protected] Email|
|+605 - 546 7031Phone Number|
|+603-2011 7406Phone Number|
|+605 - 541 5582Fax Number|
|Rose Virginie Good Shepherd Centre P O Box 60 Taman Ipoh 31407 Ipoh PerakAddress|