Who are we
PERKOBP has its origin as an informal support group formed in early 1992 by a group of parents who were concerned with the welfare of their children with learning difficulties. At that time, about 25 families took turns to meet in their homes to discuss the needs of their teenage children who had just completed various training programmes. There were no further services available for them nor could they hold a job because of their learning difficulties. The group got itself registered with the ROS as a society on 20th Nov 1993.
Currently, they have about 300 members. Membership is open to parents/guardians of persons with learning difficulties. Membership form can be obtained from Mr Chng Cheng Hui or Ms Ho Lin Mur at the centre at 6th mile Jalan Puchong or you may write to their registered address PERKOBP No: 44, Jalan Hujan Bubuk 2, Taman Overseas Union, 58200, Kuala Lumpur.
Registration fee is RM5.00. Annual membership fee is RM20.00
The Society is managed by a seven-member executive committee which comprises The President, Vice President, Hon. Secretary, Hon. Assistant Secretary, Hon. Treasurer and 2 committee members.
PERKOBP was established to fulfil the following objectives as stated in the Society’s Rules and Regulations:
- To act as a support network for families of persons with learning difficulties.
- To develop appropriate care services and activities for the needs of person with learning difficulties.
- To act as an advocacy group and to raise public awareness on the causes of handicap needs and rights of persons with learning difficulties.
- To offer help and training to families in the caring of persons with learning difficulties.
- To raise funds and finance the activities of the Society subject to the prior approval of the Registrar of Societies
Be a volunteer at the centre, even as frequent as once a week. Please contact Mr Chng Cheng Hui at the centre at 6th Miles Jalan Puchong. Tel: 03-7781 6467
The centre at Puchong prepares morning tea at 10.15am and lunch at 12.30pm. They appeal to the kind-hearted public and generous corporations to contribute the following food items:
- Cooking oil
- Sugar (Coarse)
- Milk Powder
- Condensed Milk
- Boh Tea Powder
- Coffee Powder
- Canned Food such as Sardines, Baked beans, etc.
You can help them in the following ways:
1) Contact them if you want to outsource any packaging job
2) Be a volunteer at the centre, even as frequent as once a week
3) Donate to them any of the items needed for their activities. Please contact them to find out more details
4) Make a contribution to them. Please make your cheque payable to PERKOBP and send it to: PERKOBP 44 Jalan Hujan Bubuk 2, Taman Overseas Union 58200 Kuala Lumpur.
Cheques Made payable to: PERKOBPLearn More
Society of Families of Persons with Learning Difficulties (PERKOBP)
|Mr Chng Cheng Hui Contact Person|
|[email protected] ; [email protected]Email|
|+603-8076 9835Phone Number|
|+6016 292 8438Phone Number|
|+603 - 8076 9835Fax Number|
|Established since 1992Year of Establishment|
|4, Jalan BK1/9A, Bandar Kinrara 1, 47180 Puchong, SelangorAddress|