The organization, known as the SPCA Melaka, originally occupied premises in Klebang before relocating to its current location. This land, comprising approximately two acres and featuring a bungalow house, was generously donated for free use by a philanthropist.
SPCA Melaka is currently in the process of moving to new premises, which entails the need for donations to acquire the land from the government and establish a shelter. More information regarding this endeavor can be found below and on their official website.
The organization’s objectives encompass various aspects of animal welfare:
1. Adoption Programme: SPCA Melaka encourages the public to adopt animals from their facility. The adoption fee covers de-worming, vaccination, and mandatory neutering. Prospective adopters undergo interviews and receive guidance, with SPCA staff conducting home visits to ensure the suitability of the pet’s new environment.
2. Collection of Animals: SPCA Melaka employs a donated van from SPCA Selangor to collect unwanted pets from homes, strictly by appointment.
3. Stray Animals in Distress: When alerted to stray animals in distress or injured, SPCA Melaka promptly dispatches personnel to investigate and address the situation.
4. Inspection of Cruelty Complaints: SPCA inspectors thoroughly investigate complaints related to animal cruelty whenever possible.
The organization has specific needs to continue its mission:
– Volunteer support: SPCA Melaka has been operational since October 4th, 1990, and requires additional volunteers, including medical staff, drivers, maintenance crew, vets, and committed long-term volunteers who can provide regular assistance.
– Non-cash donations: Items such as clothes, furniture, and books that can be resold are welcomed. SPCA Melaka can arrange for a van to collect such donations from the public whenever feasible. The organization heavily relies on public donations and conducts fundraising activities, including charity bazaars and jumble sales. Donation boxes are also placed in shopping malls.
– Land Appeal: SPCA Melaka is actively seeking philanthropic support to acquire 10 acres of land for building a sanctuary to house healthy, unadoptable strays, allowing them to live full lives. Contributions or assistance in acquiring the land at minimal cost are earnestly sought.
For monetary contributions, cheques can be made payable to “SPCA Melaka.” Donations are needed for utilities, dog and cat food, as well as support to raise awareness about animal welfare.
Upcoming Events and Contact Information:
– Visit their Facebook page for updates and information.
– The organization conducts an ongoing adoption campaign and holds press conferences regularly.
– SPCA Melaka is currently advocating against government initiatives to euthanize stray animals, advocating for humane treatment.
– The organization is in need of additional donation boxes (currently having only two) and assistance with transporting animals between states.
To locate SPCA Melaka, if heading from TESCO Peringgit towards Muar or south, continue over two flyovers and descend the second one. Keep right at the lights and make an immediate U-turn. Signal left, and you will find Lorong Kapten Nikmat. Drive along this road to reach the SPCA Melaka center.
Monetary Donations in the form of Cheque/Money Order/Draft can be sent to:
Lot 1115 Lorong Kepten Nekmat
Km5 Jalan Semabok
Semabok 75150 Melaka
Also, donations can be directly deposited to the SPCA’s bank account:
Account name : SPCA Melaka
Bank Name : Malayan Banking Berhad
Account number : 504085108241
Swift Code : MBBEMYKL
|[email protected] ; [email protected]Email|
|+606 268 6261Phone Number|
|+6019 663 1407 ; +6016-363 7858Phone Number|
|Established since 1990Year of Establishment|
|Lot 1115 Lorong Kapten Nekmat, Semabok, 75050 MelakaAddress|