Who are we
A group of people committed to improving the day to day lives of underprivileged families on Langkawi. All funds raised are used to benefit underprivileged families – the club takes minimal general expenses and those related to specific fund raising activities.
How you can help
You can help to improve the day to day lives of underprivileged families on Langkawi by:
• DONATING cash.
• DONATING food items.
• DONATING unwanted clothing, shoes, toys, linen and household items.
• SUPPORTING our fund raising activities.
• BUYING our Cookery Book.
• BUYING items handmade by our home-bound people – our Chrysalis Programme.
• VOLUNTEERING your time to help with our activities.
• OFFERING your services/products, either free or discounted – trades people are especially welcome!
• OFFERING employment to one of our needy family members.
• SPONSORING a child/school uniform/further education costs through our Sponsor A Schoolchild programme.
• ASSISTING a family with day to day living expenses through our Adopt a Family programme.
• OFFERING to sponsor/mentor/train homebound people to learn skills to enable them to support their families – our Chrysalis Programme.
• TELLING us about anyone on the island who you think may benefit from our help
The day to day operation of the Charity is undertaken by the following Committee Office Bearers:
- Chairman: Belinda Koh
- Deputy Chairman:Dr Ranjit Kaur BCK, AMN
- Secretary: Sheila Allum
- Treasurer: Lyn Jarvis
- Liaison Officer: Noridah bt Ismail
What we do
- ENGENDER TRUST in the community in which we work by forging friendships and mutual respect between us and ‘our’ families.
- DELIVER what we promise.
- CREATE CONFIDENCE with our supporters with our honesty and transparency.
- DISTRIBUTE donated clothing, household goods, toys to villages on a regular basis. (We do retain some items not appropriate for distribution, to sell to raise funds).
- DELIVER basic food parcels, fresh vegetables, infant milk, vitamins, etc to families in times of need – currently over 20 every four weeks
- ARRANGE / FUND doctor and consultant appointments.
- FUND medication, medical supplies, walking aids etc.
- TRANSPORT patients to and from appointments.
- ASSIST families to apply for any welfare benefits which they may be entitled to.
- LIAISE with other Government offices to secure benefits which families may be entitled to.
- HELP those who are able to find work.
- INTRODUCE sponsors to help with school fees, uniform costs, travel and food expenses through our Sponsor a Schoolchild Programme.
- INTRODUCE sponsors to help with subsistence, fees, books to enable bright children to move onto further education through our Sponsor a Schoolchild Programme.
- INTRODUCE sponsors to help with day to day living expenses through our Adopt a Family Programme.
- ENABLE people who are home-bound to support their families by teaching them skills – our Chrysalis Programme.
- PROVIDE funds for sanitation and repairs to make homes habitable and waterproof.
- VISIT ‘our’ families on a regular basis to check on their welfare and progress.
- FINALLY: raise funds to continue with our work.
The Charity Club Langkawi (Kelab Amal Langkawi)
|+6016-687-6600 (Sheila Allum)Phone Number|
|+6017 277 0170 (Evelyn Thangam)Phone Number|
|Established since 2010Year of Establishment|
|Belinda KohHead of Organisation|
|The Charity Club Langkawi 464a Cerok Linchai Kedawang 07000 Langkawi, Kedah MalaysiaAddress|