Who are we
United Voice is a self-advocacy group for persons with learning disabilities. Its vision is to form a national body for persons with learning disabilities in Malaysia.
- To provide a meeting place for persons with learning disabilities where they help and support each other.
- To develop leadership, independent skills, and confidence among members so that they can speak for themselves and make their own decisions.
- To speak and act on behalf of other persons with learning disabilities.
- To promote self-advocacy and form self-advocacy groups throughout Malaysia.
- To make the community more aware of the rights, needs, and abilities of persons with learning disabilities.
- To create employment for members.
- To provide an example to the community of a service run well, for and by persons with learning disabilities.
United Voice started in 1995 when 3 volunteers recruited a small group of persons with learning disabilities and formed what was then known as the Self Advocacy Group. The group’s name was changed to United Voice in 2000. For 10 years since its inception, United Voice was sponsored by Dignity and Services, an organisation that also advocates for the rights of persons with learning disabilities. However, since 12 July 2005, United Voice was registered as a society and became an independent entity.
At the time of writing, United Voice had a total of 60 members.
Estimated Monthly Expenditure: RM30,000
Volunteers needed to support its members in its hand-made greeting cards and bookmark project. Other than that, they often need volunteers to help out with Employment Project, selling products at bazaars, fundraising events, go outings with the residents and other events. They are also looking for volunteers who can teach members Art, basic computer skills, sewing, sports etc. Or the volunteers can help out in office work like Administrative work, general work, updating website, newsletter etc.
United Voice’s monthly operating expenses amount to approximately RM30,000. It has 7 full time staff and 4 part time staff. United Voice is in need of regular funds to cover its monthly expenditure and is also sourcing funds to purchase a van to provide transportation services for its members.
Our Employment Project has a Arts & Craft Studio, Bakery and an Art Gallery. Currently we have 25 members working under the Employment Project.
Cash donations and donations in kind welcomed.
Cheques made payable to: United Voice
Directions by Public Transport:
Take LRT to the “Asia Jaya” LRT Station. Then take the Rapid KL feeder bus no. 628. Stop at the “Happy Mansion” bus stop. Cross the road and you will see a “6-10 Grill” restaurant. Walk across the field and go down the flight of stairs. You will see a row of shop lot. United V is located in the middle of the shop lot.
Explore the NGO on Social Enterprise AllianceLearn More
|Yeong Moh FoongContact Person
|[email protected] | [email protected]Email
|+603 7954 0701Phone Number
|+603 7958 8069Fax Number
|Established since 2005Year of Establishment
|603 Jalan 17/12, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, MalaysiaAddress