Who are we
Voice of the Children (VoC) was founded in 2008 to advocate on issues affecting children. VoC recognizes that the welfare and protection of every child in Malaysia can only be realised through the adoption, implementation and enforcement of the Convention of the Rights of the Child in Malaysia. As part of its core mission, VoC advocates for law and policy reform to ensure that every child in Malaysia is protected from all forms of abuse and is no longer at risk of violation.
VoC was established in order to fill a gap in existing children’s services, which traditionally have specialised in caring for children by supplying food, shelter, education and other direct services. By focusing instead on legal and policy issues affecting children, VoC occupies a distinct niche in Malaysia. We aim to be a resource for both service organizations and the legal community by providing information and advocacy on laws, policies, and treaties that impact children.
They welcome volunteers, particularly:
- Students to help them research and write about children’s rights issues
- Lawyers to assist with legal cases and policy issues concerning children’s rights
- People interested in helping with fundraising, communications, our database, and events.
- People with specific skills, such as public relations, web design/graphic design/interior design, handymen (and women!)
Please email them and tell them what you might want to do.
VoC is also looking for donations of office equipment and supplies, particularly the following items (in good, working condition, please):
- Laptop computer or desk computer
- Fax machine
- Chairs for desks
- Comfortable chairs or a sofa
- LCD projector
- Locking file cabinet
- Flip chart board and stand
- Office supplies: pens, A4 paper, printer ink cartridges for HP printer, file folders
Voice of the Children gratefully accepts donations of both time and money.
To make a monetary donation, please find information on their Donations and Contributions page.
Finally, if you are interested in donating money or organising a fundraising event, please email them or contact them by phone.Learn More
Voice of the Children
|+603 7960 4776Website|
|+603 7960 4778Fax Number|
|Established since 2008Year of Establishment|
|29C Jalan 52/1 46200, Petaling Jaya Selangor, MalaysiaAddress|