Who are we
YAWA is based on “Greening for a Sustainable Future” a multi-tiered set of modules developed to inculcate a deep sense of belonging to, and responsibility for, the environment.
Through our activities we hope to guide people to take action toward sustainability via a balanced environmental, economic and social approach that will protect our natural environment while improving the quality of life for all people.
– Acclimatisation projects: Young people are challenged to get close to nature through hands on, non-confrontational activities.
– Eco-Camping projects: Introduction to camping for beginners at our eco-camp site in Rincing Hilir, Bangi.
– Conservation Studies
Work in partnership with Environmental Organisations such as World Wildlife Fund (WWF), Malaysia Nature Society (MNS), and Sea Turtle Rescue Unit (SEATRU).
– Community Involvement – YAWA works closely with the community and children from all walks of life to reach it’s objectives in caring of the environment.
– Eco-Expression: YAWA documents all work done by children through art, reports, poems and record in the information kit called Share the Planet.
– To guide young people to become responsible adults, fully committed to the protection of their environment.
– To inculcate a sense of responsibility in young people to appreciate the Earth as their heritage through education and good practice.
– To protect the rights of children and young people to a healthy environment.
– To instill in older children, via the Eco-Youth Challenge & Adventure programme, leadership, self-esteem and team-working skills.
– To respect the gift God gave to mankind.
Volunteers are welcome and be YAWA Volunteer via this Facebook page here:
Yayasan Anak Warisan Alam (YAWA)
|+603-5481 8800Phone Number|
|Established since 1990Year of Establishment|
|Aras 5, Kompleks Generasi Muda & Sukan Negeri Selangor, Lot 4, Jalan Platinum 7/52, Persiaran Kayangan, Seksyen 7, 40000 Shah Alam, SelangorAddress|